Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Retirement card for co-worker

I just got a few new Cricut cartridges last week. I get SO excited to use my new cartridges, especially when it is Flower shop.  I was a little scared that my flowers wouldn't turn out very flower like, BUT to my amazement (lots of reserch) they turned out just fine.

A co-worker of mine is getting ready to retire at the end of this month and I decided to make a card that everyone could sign for her. She loves butterflies. What goes great with butterflies?...... flowers! SOOOOO, a good excuse to use my new cartridge and make something.
This card was a challenge to me because I am normally making "kiddie" cards.  I used my Tim Holtz distress ink again and am in love with that worn look.
This is a 6x6 card. I used Flower shop cartridge, tim holtz ink and just matted everything together!

On the front I popped up a banner that says "enjoy your new journey" and on the inside I added a matt that says "congratulations on your retirement".
I would love to hear what you think! Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: